September 7, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick - Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm 04


The Clinique Chubby Stick is a one of a kind product that fills the niche once lacking and today provides for ladies like myself who suffer from dry and cracked lips ever so often. When you live in a desert like Arizona, you’ll understand what I mean. The Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm 04 or Mega Melon is my favorite and since I am not the lipstick loving kind of girl, it suits my needs perfectly.


Mega Melon is an apricot shade with a golden shimmer that compliments my complexion in a brilliant way. The colour is not as rich in pigment or texture as lipstick but it manages to fill the gap pretty well. This natural looking lip tint contains elements that nourish your lips like jojoba oil, shea butter and mango. I love the richness in moisture and this combination keeps my lips healthy by eliminating the dryness and cracks. 

There is no need for additional application of balm because the Chubby Sticks serve this particular purpose as stiffness is eliminated and all you need to do is to retouch once every three hours.



I love the convenient packaging that comes with such a great product. It sort of looks like a crayon and thankfully, I don’t need to sharpen it. All you need to do is to twist the base for more. This means that you are not left with the task of acquiring a sharpener that you’ll need to clean after use not to mention you make-up area as well.  The Chubby sticks do not last very long because of reapplication frequently but that is not a problem to me because I love my Mega Melon and I am glad to restock whenever the need arises. I intend to explore other shades in the future as well because I am an avid user of this product.



The Chubby Sticks are rich in quality with generous quantities as well and are a welcome alternative to the dupes that are currently in the market. Cheap is expensive and you are better off spending a couple more dollars on a genuine lip balm like this.



I love the texture because it’s not as thick as a lipstick which makes wearing it easy and leaves me more comfortable than if I had to use a proper lipstick. The balm coating is not sticky as is usually characteristic of lip gloss and this makes it a winner for me coupled with the fact that it leaves a beautiful shine on my lips. The round tip makes application a breeze and it pairs well with Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo as well as Quick Liner for Eyes.

At a discounted price of $27.85 online, it fares well with the competition and this is one lip balm that I have already recommended to friends and family and they all love it. My only complaint is that the number of shades available is too low.

No comments:

Post a Comment