September 11, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm 05 Review

Ever since Clinique introduced the Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour balm, I have not thought of using anything else on my lips. For me, it serves a variety of purposes including lipstick and gloss. Its convenient design is one of the reasons why I always have one on me though the Chunky Cherry is my favorite shade. The reason why I have never been an avid user of lipsticks et al is the fragrance and tastes that come with this line of cosmetics and there is there added bonus of it being rich in content at 3 grams.
I love the natural colour that Chunky Cherry has and its reddish pink colour compliments my skin tone as well giving me a vivacious and impressive look. Being a lip balm, it does not have the immediate qualities of a lipstick and lasts for not more than 3 hours before I retouch my lips. Despite this, it works wonders on my lips during hot and dry weather and in extreme cold. I feel reassured by the moisturizer and sun protection that I get leaving my lips feeling smooth, supple and comfortable. Other balms may last longer but they do not have some essential attributes that I need like shea butter and mango. I don’t get that sticky sensation on my lips that is a characteristic of other balms and at $27.89, I think it’s a bargain.

The colour range is also remarkable and despite Chunky Cherry being my favorite, I intend to get more tints during my next visit to the drug store. The natural looking appearance that my lips get have made me love this balm and that is why I do not need to look for an expensive lipstick to apply when I want to look a little more sophisticated. I find the lip balm to have a cool effect that has a touch of class. Perhaps the only area for improvement is the precision on application because the stick is really chubby and difficult to control especially if you are not used to it. This gets worse as it starts to wear out. But the other qualities more than compensate for this shortcoming and since it is such an effective lip balm, all I need to do is get a new one.

I am not surprised at the silky smooth feeling on application as well since there is a lot of natural ingredients that contribute to its creamy nature; a fact that I love because I know that these are safe to use and I have nothing to worry about.
Using the Clinique Chubby Stick - Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm 05 has helped me make a lot of savings and it works perfectly well with my lips. I do not need to look elsewhere for anything else and would recommend it to even the most discerning of ladies who want to enhance the appearance of their lips and general features of the face. Go out and get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment